Are you looking to deliver a speech pretty soon but don’t have enough time to memorize your lines? Are you planning to host a virtual meeting but don’t know how to keep your audience engaged while also delivering a perfect speech? If yes, what you need is to choose the right teleprompter online application.
With so many teleprompters in the market today, finding a suitable product, such as Scriptively, to address your public speaking needs might be challenging. But you don’t have to feel disappointed, as this post has you covered. Read on to discover a few effective tips for choosing a suitable online teleprompter app.
- Device compatibility
One question you need to ask before choosing a teleprompter online app is whether it’ll be compatible with your devices. To be frank, the best teleprompter app should offer support for all major devices, including smartphones, PCs, laptops, tablets, and Macs. So, check and confirm that the teleprompter online app will support your devices.
- Free online Teleprompter
In addition to compatibility support, you also need to check and be sure the online app offers support for the free online teleprompter. With this version, you can easily practice how to use your preferred teleprompter tool to avoid making mistakes when delivering your speeches.
- What features does the app include?
Checking the features of an online teleprompter app is very important. This will help you better understand what you have to improve your virtual meetings.
The best teleprompter app, such as Scriptively, should come with tons of excellent features, such as:
- Remote control, which could be your phone or bluetooth. This will help you better control your device in case it’s far away from you.
- The speech recognition scrolling feature is essential. It listens carefully to your voice and automatically scrolls your script as you read. This saves you from relying on manually controlling your scrolling speed.
- Importing scripts feature is important to help you add your script to the online teleprompter app from its source (such as Google Docs).
- The “recording feature” is vital to allow you to record your videos or audio. With this offering, you can easily playback to practice your line and check for any errors.
- Is it possible to write/edit scripts directly in the app?
In most cases, you only get to write scripts on other apps and import them to the teleprompter app. Today, however, certain teleprompter apps now allow you to write or edit your scripts directly on them. That said, the bottom line is that you need to do your due diligence and only opt for a teleprompter app that allows you to work directly from it.
- Do you need to download any software
One drawback of teleprompter online apps that require software downloads is that they’ll require regular updates. Why choose any of these apps when you can easily opt for Scriptively without needing to download any software?
To get the best out of your virtual meetings, ensure to choose an online app that requires no software download.